Hi. This is what I've been told.
Super 8 film is usualy unsharp due to the low end cameras that most people use and the lack of a ground glass focus screen.
I've been told that cheap and even some high priced super 8 cameras have a problem with the focus from the eyepiece to the film frame because most cameras do not hold the film completly still. That is why most of the film you see seem to jump.
I was also told to use a Beaulieu camera because they would turn out much sharper pictures because of the better optics and the ground glass focus screen. See without a ground glass focus screen you are only getting close to the focus you want.
Just like when looking through your SLR camera when you get close to focus your eye will correct for the out of focus image. That is why you have a ground glass focus screen in most of the SLR cameras.
I know this does not answer your question but it gives you the reason why you would have such out of focus pics.
Thanks
Anthony Collins
hi also check out the music video in this post.
http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/409/t/3521
I think they have great focus.
also check out this post
http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/409/t/3451
it's got a very good comparison between the different film stocks. I had download all of them. It's worth saving.




Bookmarks